The City of Solvang, like hundreds of cities and school districts across the state, is making a change in how voters elect its City Council. Beginning in 2022, voters will vote for one City Council Member who lives in their district. This will replace the current system of at-large citywide elections in which voters have the ability to vote for all City Council Members. However, the Mayor will continue to be elected at-large.
We need your help to make this change and draw new City Council districts!
One of our primary goals when drawing City Council districts is to draw lines that respect neighborhoods, history, and geographical elements. So we want to know: What do you consider the boundaries of your neighborhood?
How to participate?
Share your specific thoughts, or attend an upcoming public hearing to get involved!
At the hearings, we want you to:
- Share your story
- Define your neighborhood or community of interest
- Explain why districting is relevant to your community
- Describe what you think the districts should look like
- Talk to your neighbors and local organizations
- Share your opinions of the draft maps once they are available